Sunday, May 6, 2012

88 Days...But Who's Counting

It has been way too long since I have written on this and a lot of things have happened! First of all, we got a new ride. This is probably very old news by now, but we are still in love with our Pacifica.


We also decided one night to go on a hike up to the top of Ensign Peak. I quickly found out that I was very out of shape, and got very dizzy a few times. But we trudged along and reached the top in no time. The view was as beautiful as ever. I love that hike and I love being able to look out over the valley and see 4 beautiful temples lit up within our view.


In April, I graduated with my Associates Degree in Accounting. I was so grateful for all who came and supported me, and I was thankful Chandler BARELY made it before it started! 






The next week, I was able to attend Amy's graduation from BYU! I am so proud of her, especially with being a new mommy! 


The next week, I was able to go down to Arizona with mom and dad and Danielle to attend Matt's graduation from Thunderbird and to see the Matt and Jessie clan. I have missed all of them so much. I realized that I hadn't seen them since Kenzi's baby blessing which was almost 10 months ago! It was way to long! 




Matt had the honor of leading the class and carrying the United States flag in for the flag ceremony and gave a quick address on the US. He did a great job and was even really serious, something I'm not used to. We went to breakfast with all of them right before we left. It was hard to say goodbye again and I can't wait until we can go back to visit again, if they'll let us. hehe. One last picture from the trip, we took this right before we left. Kennedy finally warmed up to me at breakfast and her playful attitude really came out. She is such a cutie and she definitely takes after her sweet mommy.


Right before we left for Arizona, we stopped and visited Kevin and Tiffany and their new bundle of joy, Peyton. He is such a cute little guy. There were a few complications with the delivery but, in the end, baby arrived safely and they are both very healthy. Tiffany looked so good for just having a baby! I couldn't believe it! Such a cute mommy!



I also start my last semester of school on Tuesday. I know what you guys are thinking, "Why is she still taking classes when she has already graduated?" (I totally wrote that with a Dax Flame voice going through my head. Reference for Dustin and Danielle.) Well, I only have 3 classes left to take and I wasn't going to come back next April to "graduate" so I decided to walk 3 months early rather than 9 months late. Chandler is already counting down the days until I am done with school, even though I haven't even started yet. Thanks for making it drag out, Chandler. haha So, hence the title, 88 days left until I am done with school forever. Chandler and I are excited to finish up our time down here in Salt Lake and move on to bigger and better things in Idaho. It's bitter sweet, sad to leave the friends and family here, but SO excited to be closer to more family, old friends, and make new friends. One last thing, we are so excited for Chandler's brother, Chris, who got engaged a couple weeks ago to a cute girl, Janelle. 


They will be getting married July 14 in the Redlands Temple. That's right, we HAVE to take a trip to California this summer. Darn. :) Also, Chandler's younger brother, Spencer, will be getting home from his mission in August and will be coming up to BYU-I in September. He has been serving in the Ghana Africa mission for two years and has been in the office for the last little while as their mission was split into two missions. He is now back out in the field for his last two transfers and is loving every minute of it! We can't wait to have him back, but I'm sure he will miss Africa immensely. That's all for now! 

(Spencer is the one on the very left.)

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Love your new car:) So excited for you guys to move up this way! Good luck with your last semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for Sharing, Devrey, and thanks for the great company on our trip.

    ReplyDelete